Tuesday, October 7, 2008

$900 Present to Self.

Today I gave myself a $900 present.

For the past 2 years I've had my eye on numerous Digital SLR cameras. All were expensive and I've never quite wanted one enough to go ahead and spend the money. Both of my digitals are past their times. They are done. I am in a photo class where we are using film cameras but as a visual learner, a digital would help greatly to undestand what happens when I do what to the camera and it's parts.

I went to Sears and I knew that I was in trouble when I brought my wallet in. It can only mean one thing. I intend to purchase.

I entered the electronics section on a mission. I stared down the 5 D SLR options for a few minutes and then spoke to a sales person about which one was right. I quickly decided on the Sony Alpha 200K and bought the extra lens (a 75-300mm) to go with it. I was so excited, I felt like I was getting a puppy. I left the store with a big smile on my face. I cannot WAIT to play with my new toy.

My biggest purchase for self and I am sure one of the best ever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG I wish I would have known you were looking to buy a new camera, Ever just bought I new DSLR (nikon d40) and he got it for a steal. Plus he did a lot of research before hand. The Sony is getting ready to be discontinued so it might end up hard to find replacement parts in the future also they say it is weak when it comes to taking pics in low light.

Anyway, in the future, when you're looking to purchase electronics let me know Ever knows all the tricks to getting the best deal for the most current items

-Stacy