Friday, June 17, 2011

Carnivore

I am a carnivore

The scent of blood surrounds me,

Pumping through the red highways

That line the animal’s skin and tissues;

The long and narrow

Or small and bulbous fibers;

The meat that my tongue and cheeks crave.

The muscles that protrude and

Boast of ability

To survive through the tests of time.

My prey lies in fields of grass.

Grazing,

Taking in the sun and sights,

Robed in bright colors that label him “most wanted”.

His whiskers do not sense me and

He doesn’t even know I’m coming

To devour that juicy blood-engorged chamber

And that when I bite,

From the very first nibble,

As pleasurably painful as it may be,

I am lethal.

That I will be the end of him.

I am woman.

More dangerous than the most dangerous animal.

Man.


**Inspired by the "wildlife" (if you know what I mean) of Yosemite. Thank you gentleman for the sometimes breath-taking views!

No comments: