Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Wish for Alligator Skin

I know it is my birthday month, but I'll tell you what: I was hoping for something of a different surprise than what's been jumping out of the cake this August!

This month has been more than sufficiently interesting, with things thrown at me by the universe that I never would have expected. Things I've always dreaded, situations I've always avoided, behaviors I've tried to abstain from; you name it, anything that has been resisted has come up to bite me in the ass since the beginning of August.

Ever the eternal optimist, the parts of me which would like to hate the past few weeks instead say "wait... let's make lemonade! And while we're at it, let's make it pink".

Plato once said that knowledge is the food of the soul, and if that is the case, I am full up with all that I am learning.

These sorts of things require thick skin. Thus here I am, channeling an alligator, wishing for its skin.

Right now, this is my life.


1 comment:

Lisa said...

I really like this post. Nicely said.