Saturday, June 9, 2012

To Love Me More


Walking around with my head
toward the ground,
trying to be rid
of my upside-down grin
and my jaded crown.
I am the queen of aloneagain.

It feels like I am in a pawn shop
with some valuable I’d like to hold
yet knowing that for
something more vital,
I need to let go.

The transaction, you see,
has already been done.
You traded me in for some other one,
and that said more than enough.
In fact, it rather said it all.

So, I left you sparkling behind the glass
where I can no longer run my fingers
over you, my favorite jewels.
I’ve locked you up, a treasure,
I had thought, far more valuable
than the heart of gold I presented you.

But then I saw it sitting by you
in the case,
and I took it back, explaining
to the man behind the counter,
that I was there
To trade you in.

So as I move on,
it isn’t that I love you any less;
just that I’m beginning
to love me more.

No comments: