Saturday, September 15, 2012

Social Death and Brain Abuse

The fine print is reading rest in peace
asking if I comprehend
I’m donating my brain
and they need permission to administer
21 units of substance

my heart climbs up in my throat,
constricting and convulsing;
lungs suffocated by my thoughts
burdened by books of biased words, and
sinking in stacks of stapled papers
I sign

21 units
wading through war-zones of un-washed  laundry
knee-high and wasting in the ground
mixed with smells of last week’s dirt and grime
from both the humid heat and the death of time.

The plague of Troy fogs my eyes as                       ENGL44H             MW 
Freud strikes a fire and fries my mind,                  PSYCH1                TBA
slowly peeling away delectable layers   
to taste the fear of failure as I lie,
mastering my female anatomy                                HLED4                   TBA
while telling tall tales with little words                   ENGL 27B              Th
that tickle the tongues of those thirsting                ENGL 27A              W
for something to compute in labs where               CPAS10                  TBA
tables have no use for chairs
but provide communication.                                   COMM10                M

21 units of venom sink and slither slowly
until that’s all I am,
fearing falling asleep in the battle-field of class
while running with no breaks
along dotted lines with the zig-zag of my name
signing away my life
just for the semester.

No comments: