Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Nines

I probably shouldn’t be writing anything this late at night. When it gets late, my brain gets going on creative tangents, yes, but it is also over-analytical and gets into things in great length.

To hell with it. I’ll try to summarize.

I watched the film The Nines starring Ryan Reynolds. This is the second time I have watched it. The first was with my ex and I was distracted. The ex got something from the film. I had grasped very little of it because my attention hadn’t been focused.

None-the-less, tonight, my full attention was devoted to watching the full film, uninterrupted.

I have to say: I love films like this. Films that pose questions about metaphysics and people’s perceptions of reality. I love when a film is complex and abstract enough that people can have something to talk about with other viewers, but can also take completely different stances in what they feel the film stated, and what they took personally from it, if anything, to incorporate into their lives.

This is one of those films. It isn’t an Inception, an Adjustment Bureau, or a What Dreams May come of a film because it is more minimalistic visually, but it is a good base. Looking at this objectively I can see where there were things the film might have been lacking, but it certainly wasn’t in the writing, or the attention to detail concept-wise.

I suggest people watch it. Then we can discuss.

No comments: