Sunday, October 2, 2011

Thank You for Not Sending

Dear Long Beach Verizon Internet:

Thank you for causing my Internet to go kaput momentarily right as it did, which in turn stopped me from sending an e-mail to my professor, confessing my lack of discipline in staying on track with his online class and inquiring as to whether or not I should even bother sending in my short midterm paper a week late.

Thank you for giving me that moment. That one little moment to pause, slow my heart rate down, breathe, swallow the sick-to-my-stomach-I-fucked-up-so-bad-now-how-am-I-going-to-get-straight-A's-this-semester feeling, and decide to be optimistic, hopeful, and inquiring enough to look at the syllabus...just in case.

But really, thank you! Because said midterm paper is not, in actuality, due until the 18th of October.

You saved me! I would have felt greatly psycho-analyzed had I revealed this lacking of responsibility as neurotically as it was written in my now-deleted e-mail to Dr. T, professor of philosophy, psychology and religion...especially after the last class chat on the topic of Freud's concepts of anal-retentive behavior and the likes.

Sincerely,

Needs to get her shit together.

1 comment:

Byrd said...

LOL

Glad it is not due yet. and not getting all As isnt the end of the world but it is a great goal to strive for!