Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Anything Else?

I am an old person in a young person’s body.

I am also simultaneously a child in an adult’s body.

These days I feel no more young than I do old, which at times I wonder if that means that I am exactly where I should be. Yet I also feel so disconnected from a major populace of this city.

I could write much more on this issue but that’s pretty much all that needs to be said on that matter.

Essentially, the old me wants to be getting into bed at 9 PM on a Wednesday. I feel like I should have a grand-child, but even my grandmother wouldn't be desirous of bed so early.

The young me is mostly school girl, entertaining way too many new thoughts and experiences, balancing a new social life which she never had and trying to figure out where she belongs in her own life none-the-less everyone else's. Naive as I've always been.

I have “friends” in their 50s. I have friends in their 30s. I have friends my age and friends younger than it. I feel in between it all and it is such a strange phenomenon.

I just can’t wait for classes to start so I can focus on anything else. ANYTHING else.

No comments: