Tuesday, January 10, 2012

English Freak Starts New Semester

It has arrived!

The start of a new semester and new classes. I thought that I was waitlisted for three of the four classes I am registered for this semester, but was pleasantly surprised to find that I am already enrolled in my Literature and Composition class. Of the other two classes which I was waitlisted for, I was able to enter into College Grammar (another English class) successfully.

Honestly, I think that this is going to be quite the heavy semester and I’m not sure how I feel about that.

Grammar seems like it’s going to be a blast. The professor is awesome, funny, uppity and so it makes it easy to listen. Besides, this is something that I have a huge interest in as I’ve considered being an editor if my writing doesn’t make it creatively or technically (which shouldn’t be a problem).

Literature seems like it should be okay but I am not yet sure what I think about the professor. She seems scattered, which reminds me of myself and I am presently undecided as to if this is going to be annoying or eventually become endearing.

History Honors seems like it is going to be the most challenging of them all. The four exams, if I understood right, will be 18 pages worth of critical thinking in writing and an additional project as the final.

And then there is the issue of Statistics. Hopefully, despite the huge waitlist, I will be permitted to enter the class. If not, perhaps I will find that my present course-load will be more than enough to keep me busy.

None-the-less I am extremely excited to have begun the semester. Less time to over-scrutinize myself and everything else in life. This sounds amazing!

No comments: