Saturday, September 13, 2008

Edison, This Stinky Cheese Exceeds 95 Decibels!

Last night brought a night at the old Edison building in Los Angeles. I love the Edison when it comes to ambiance. The music is just so interesting, and the old Hollywood films on a few different screens bring you back in time. Very old world. Classy.

I would say two things negative about last night's experience. No, three. For one, my fiance was not there. Two, the seating is.... wow. LOL. Stools. No backs. I need to work on my posture if I am going to be wearing short dresses, looking good and sitting on a stool. LOL. I felt like a hill-billy. Slouch, slouch, slouch. And three.....

THE STINKY CHEESE! Oh wow! One of them smelled like something that sits in your drain for weeks when no one does the dishes. It smelled like that but I thought to myself, "self! This must taste better than it smells because no one would purchase cheese that tasted like this smells!" So into that little tiny morsel, I bit. And I regret it. Yep. Tasted just like it smelled. The other kinds that I tried were fine. Just not the stinky sink cheese. Bleck!

After a few hours and cake at the Edison for Ana Luisa's going-away party, we headed to go dancing. Just a few blocks away from the Edison. And when we went.... I saw a sign on the door. I figured that with all of the other signs posted on the door, it must be just for decoration. It said "The sound level in this venue exceeds 95 decibels." I walked in, the music was loud and then it felt louder and louder and louder and louder and louder, until we walked out and my ears were ringing so loud!!!!!! They still are ringing. I'm hoping it's not permanent dammage.

Also, I think that in the walk to the place we must have gone through some sort of vortex and had some time travel. Because when we walked up to the club there were so many people dressed like the 80s and as soon as we walked into the club, it was 80s music remixed and people were even DANCING 80s style. My mom actually looked cool when she danced. I had no clue how to dance like that. OMG it was just soooo strange.

No comments: