Sunday, September 28, 2008

Vocal Woes.

I'm a little disappointed.

Last Thursday I got together with my collaborator to work on a song of ours. I was excited and was ready to take on the big mic. I felt more comfortable than I ever have before and was ready to get on going on it by the time we recorded. After we were done, I listened to the vocal track and felt pretty pleased with what I heard. I heard some flaws and some places I could improve on but for the most part I felt good about it. Like this one had more emotion and like it was better than the last.

Or so I thought.

The last time we did this, we had a piano only as the instrumental backing and my voice. We recorded the vocal and when I played it back I didn't like it. When I received it in digital form, I listened and I was pleased. I was proud of the song.

This time I received the track planning to be happy with it and I am almost embarassed by my vocal quality in it. I'm bummed out. I can't put my finger on it, really, either. Maybe it's just what I create in my head sounds either so much better or so much worse by memory so when I hear it, I'm either pleased or displeased.

Either way I'm kind of bummin'.

No comments: